Tuesday 19 May 2015

Lookbook: Deola By Deola Sagoe’s S/S 2015 Collection Tagged “Wings By Deola”


page

 According to Deola Sagoe, “Developing my own fabrics is essential for me. Every time you do it, it’s fresh; the drawings, the process of making Adire, starting with indigo and then just making music with colour and patterns, “fabric jazz”.

I wanted to play with floaty fabrics this time. It was just my mood. Of course I’m still in the throws of my love affair with Aso Oke which is still a huge feature in this collection."

“Wings by Deola” consists of 37 pieces whose names were derived from the characters in Shakespeare’s plays such as, Ophelia (the helper), Valeria (strong, valiant) and Juno (protector). The collection for Spring/Summer 2015 features detailed cut-outs, sheer fabric inserts, plunging necklines and more tying into the origami-theme.

more pics below...


1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37
Credit
Photography: Lakin Ogunbanwo
Hair & Makeup: Debola Falana
Creative Director: Teni Sagoe
Models: Tansey Sodeinde and Zainab Balogun
Set Design and Props: Sara O Events  and Aralia by Nature
Shoes: Nell and Bell

Images: Bellanaija.com

11 comments:

  1. I like the concept and the inspiration behind the collection. Having said that, I would have loved to see more than two models with the displays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice one, pat i dn't moderate comments on my blog ooo, i had nufin to do with your missing comments ooo, abeg no fight me, you know you are my love and secret beauty and fashion person *winks
    jibbyks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now i'm blushing...Its okay dearie, I was just joking after all.

      Delete
  3. Are they nature or garden inspired? Lools beautiful

    www.glowyshoe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice looks. They Should just put all these dresses in my wardrobe lasan

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the RED gown

    And the African fabrics are lovelyyyyyyy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I see Adire here, people hardly wear it now, I hope it comes back.

    Bolateethole.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. The dresses are so cute... Love the butterflies

    ReplyDelete

Hiya! Thanks for Visiting Catwalk with PAT, your Comments make me happy, keep them coming; let's walk together!!!

Follow on Instagram @divapat92

I LOVE YOU

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...