Wednesday 18 February 2015

CWP Fitness: 3 Yoga Moves That Ease Back Pain

 
Hey lovelies!!! sorry this post is coming a bit late; I got to work and met a lorry load of work on my desk, even my heart started beating fast. Choi!!!

Because of my kind of job (I'm always in front of a computer system) I develop back pain most times and I'm sure I'm not alone on this because I have heard some of my colleagues complain of same.

When this back pain comes, what do you do to relieve yourself? Although, it is ADVISABLE TO SEE A DOCTOR, there are some Yoga moves that can help you relieve this pain. Just remember that frequency is more important than duration, so try adding this quick 10-minute routine to your daily schedule and see how it helps in just a week. You'll feel the benefits, if you stick with it.. Find them below...


Move#1: Reclined Hip Release
Begin lying on your back with your knees bent and feet on the ground. Place your left ankle on your right knee with your foot slightly flexed. If you feel a stretch in your hips, stay there. If not, grab your right leg and draw it toward your torso until you feel a gentle stretch in your right hip. Let your pelvis and head rest on the floor as you do your best to relax your hips, low back, and neck. The key is to make the stretch mild enough that you can still relax. Stay for two-to-three minutes then repeat on the other side.

Move #2: Reclined Hamstring Release
Lie on your back, bending your right knee into your chest and wrap a strap or a towel around the ball of your right foot. Slowly extend your right leg, drawing it in toward your head until you feel a mild stretch in the back of your right thigh. Keep your head resting on the ground and your low back relaxed. The key to this is finding a mild stretch where you can still relax the low back and neck. Stay for one-to-two minutes then switch sides.

Move #3: Reclined Spine RejuvenatorWhile on your back, bend both knees into your chest loosely. Lay your arms out to the sides and gently lower your knees to the floor on your right side. Move the knees a little up or down to find a comfortable place where you can let your legs rest on the ground and relax completely there. Stay for two-to-three minutes then switch sides.

Credit: goodhousekeeping.com

I hope this help someone out there.

Meanwhile, we are now on instagram; @catwalkwithpat, follow us and use the Hashtag #catwalkwithPAT if you want us to post any of your photos.

Our Facebook page is www.facebook.com/catwalkwithpat

xoxo

9 comments:

  1. Bravo Pat. Interesting read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing, am gonna try this in my bedroom.

    Bolateethole.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok thanks,will try it someday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Infact I need it cos my back aches so much which I think can be attributed to my sitting position coupled with the fact that once I resume work, I hardly stand up from my seat. Now I even use a throw pillow. sometimes last year, it got worse. Will try this one and see how it would help!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dear!! Maybe you should see a doctor too. and try to stand up and move around once in a while at work. I do that and its helping me. **E-hugs**

      Delete
    2. Yes was advised to do that and I have started tanx dear

      Delete
  5. I ve learnt something !! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Hiya! Thanks for Visiting Catwalk with PAT, your Comments make me happy, keep them coming; let's walk together!!!

Follow on Instagram @divapat92

I LOVE YOU

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...