Thursday 12 February 2015

CWP Beauty: Contouring and Highlighting Tutorial

 
Top of the morning beauties! hope you are always staying beautiful and fashionable? remember our main aim here is to make people STARE; for the right reason though. For all makeup enthusiast the term "Contouring and Highlighting" isn't new to you. Contouring and highlighting are just ways to make your face look thinner, if you have a round face, and make your facial bone structure look enhanced and defined.
You shall be needing a certain level of professionalism to be able to Contour and Highlight your face the right way. But nothing is impossible dearies, if you follow the below steps properly and keep practicing, you will surely get it right; although you might end up looking like "up nepa" the first few time you try, but you know what? it only gets better.

This tutorial I'm about to share with you was done by Dodos Uvieghara, remember her? I featured sometimes back on CWP Person of the week here. So join me as we learn out to Contour and Highlight our face the professional way. enjoy....
Products Used:
Mary Kay Foundation 607 & 507
Mac Concealer
Mac Foundation 9.5
Ben Nye Banana Powder
Mac Mineralize Skin Finish (Dark)
Mac Currant Lip Liner
LA Girl Glazed Lip Paint in
Sigma Kabuki Brush
Real Technique Flat Concealer Brush
Real Technique Blending Brush
STEP 1 

Step 1: My face had already been primed using the MUD face primer, I also did my eyebrows and eye shadow.

STEP 2

Step 2: I applied Mary Kay foundation using the flat Sigma kabuki brush.
STEP 3 STEP 4 STEP 5 STEP 6

Step 3: I used a flat concealer brush to highlight using a concealer that is two shades lighter than my usual colour (depending on the look you are trying to achieve). I then applied the concealer under the eyes to the high part of my cheekbones to define my cheeks, in between my eyebrows, and the bridge of my nose and chin.

STEP 7 STEP 8 STEP 9

Step 4: I used the blending brush to contour using a darker concealer (in my case I used a darker foundation – Mac 9.5) directly under my cheek bones, the sides of my nose bridge and one inch above my temple to add more depth to my face.
STEP 10 

Step 5: I blended the areas that were highlighted and contoured using a flat kabuki brush.
STEP 11

Step 6: I set the highlighted areas (under eyes, highest point of cheekbones, nose bridge and in between my brows) with Ben Nye Banana Powder using a beauty blender/wedge. Blend, blend, blend.
STEP 12 STEP 13 

Step 7: I used a dark brown blush to emphasize areas I contoured earlier (under cheekbones, sides of my nose bridge). You can use the dark brown shade in any contour palette. Blend away!
STEP 14 STEP 15 

Step 8: I applied pressed powder all over my face while carefully blending it in.

STEP 16 STEP 17

Step 9: I applied blush to the apples of my cheeks. The blush I used is highly pigmented and creates a bronzy effect so I just substituted it for a highlighter. If yours isn’t as pigmented, you can add highlighter as well.
STEP 18 

Step 10: I applied lip-liner and lip stain.

Here’s the final look
FINAL LOOK 2
FINAL LOOK 3

Source:  iamdodos.com
I hope you find this helpful beauties. thank me later *hugs*

5 comments:

  1. Hmmm I don't think I can do all this. Good luck to those that will try this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is no harm in trying.....who knows you might just do great on your first try. Stay beautiful dear.

      Delete
  2. Seriously am learning alot frm u dear pat thanx for everythin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww! Its my pleasure....thanks for stopping by too.

      Delete

Hiya! Thanks for Visiting Catwalk with PAT, your Comments make me happy, keep them coming; let's walk together!!!

Follow on Instagram @divapat92

I LOVE YOU

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...